Saturday, June 25, 2011

Color Blocking

Sorry for such an awfully late post again. I had sort of a blogger's block. Once I finally got out of that, I was going to do an outfit post with me showing my version of the color blocking trend. I chose that because I had made a color block set on Polyvore earlier, but then I discovered I don't really have the correct clothing items to do that trend(but I really need to fix that problem, can you say SHOPPING?!?). So anyway after that whole situation I decided to do an outfit post, regardless of my color block-less wardrobe. It's of this outfit that I wore earlier this week except I'm re-accessorizing for the blog post. Sadly, because it's very late, and the fact that I'm tried, I'm going to save the pics of that for tomorrow(uploading pictures is kind of a hassle for me, because my phone takes a while to send them and blah, blah, blah), and it'll be a whole new post. So that you'll have a hint of what the outfit is going to be like, I'll tell you the title of the post: Bows, and Tigers, and Rhinestones-OH MY!(yes, I know, my title is very clever ;D ). 

Okay guys, so I know I've been rambling on and haven't really said anything, but don't worry, there IS something for today(at the bottom of this long, chatty tunnel). Remember the Polyvore color blocking set I mentioned earlier?? Well I'm putting that up here so you guys can get some ideas on how to do that trend, because let's be honest, it can be pretty hard to pull off correctly. I created two looks, a more subtle way to perform this trend, and then I created a look for the more brave and bold, who wouldn't mine taking a little risk.

Hope this is inspirational to your fashion style, and PLEASE(with sugar on top) don't forget to check out Polyvore for yourself! 
  
Color Blocking

Dorothy Perkins pink top
£25 - dorothyperkins.com

Tokidoki cuffed pants
$49 - yoox.com

Qupid platform pumps
$25 - makemechic.com

Qupid platform pumps
$25 - makemechic.com

Faux leather handbag
$30 - yesstyle.com

Leather handbag
$615 - orlakiely.com

TopShop beaded bangle
$14 - topshop.com

Dorothy Perkins orange jewelry
£13 - dorothyperkins.com

Marc by marc jacobs jewelry
$38 - piperlime.gap.com

Mary Katrantzou printed scarve
$189 - barneys.com

Hair accessory
$6.50 - hottopic.com

Blue sunglasses
$10 - tillys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

<3 Thank you for your support! Leaving a comment is like leaving me something in a tip jar, so of course it's greatly appreciated, and it makes my day! I try to reply back to all of them, usually, just to say thanks. :D <3